MEDICAL WRITER (Scientific Communications Manager)
The Medical Writer will be responsible for researching, writing, and editing manuscripts, abstracts, slide presentations, posters, and other deliverables.
We recognize that the well-being of our team is paramount to our continued success and therefore offer flexibility in our work environment and actively encourage a healthy work-life balance. Our office is in King of Prussia, PA (30 min outside of Philadelphia) and you will have the option to work onsite, remote, or a hybrid arrangement.
AlphaGroup is committed to building a community where great people are inspired to work by living our values of precision, integrity and passion. We offer an attractive salary, bonus program, and comprehensive benefit package.
The AlphaGroup is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for the position without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by the applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- MD, PhD in the life sciences, or PharmD
- Prior experience writing peer-reviewed publications, congress abstracts, posters, and slide decks
- Ability to independently write and edit scientific manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and training materials
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate in a virtual setting
- Outstanding organizational/time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of the AMA writing style
- Team player with a detail-oriented work ethic
- Composure: Is calm under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated; is professional; can be counted on to assist during heavy workload times; can handle stress in a positive manner
- Organization/Time Management/Timely Decision Making: Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; can juggle multiple projects and deadlines; arranges information and files in a useful manner. Uses time effectively and efficiently; concentrates efforts on more important priorities; able to make a quick decision, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure
- Client Focus: Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of clients
- Ethics/Values/Integrity/Trust: Adheres to all company values; demonstrates core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; acts in a direct and truthful way; can present the unvarnished truth in and appropriate and helpful manner; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
- Understanding and familiarity with most current AMA style
- Ability to understand and properly determine accuracy of scientific information and data in a variety of biological fields
- Clearly communicates with team members to achieve goals regarding content development
- Delivers work by designated deadline and understands the project development process
- Works well in a team environment (onsite and remote)
- Appreciates the appropriate time to ask for supervisor assistance
- Understands various aspects of preclinical and clinical drug development
- Exhibits knowledge of the components of a well-written piece of communication, across a range of deliverables
- Ensures all versions of a deliverable are saved to the team file according to standardized file naming criteria
- Reviews study data and distills into thorough and well-written deliverables
- Displays working knowledge of good publication practices
- Works with internal team in a respectful and productive manner
- Works effectively in an open floor plan
- Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day)
- Onsite standing desks are also available
- Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
OSH ACT: A computer programmer is not to handle any human body fluids, biological agents, laboratory chemicals or be exposed to hazardous materials such as noise, asbestos, or carcinogens.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification. Please fill out the form on this page or email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.